- Raising the awareness of the business community regarding the challenges of marketing food and drink to children and young people
- Ensuring compliance with the Code and Guidance which lay down what is acceptable marketing
- Monitoring the industry ban on marketing certain types of food and drink to children under 13 years
- Ensuring that everyone is able to complain to MFU about marketing activity which infringes our Code and Guidance
- Ensuring that the anonymity of complainants is preserved in all further processing.
- Ensuring that the complaints procedure works well and that responses made by MFU are published
- Pre-judgement on future campaigns